- What if an arresting Officer did not read me Miranda Rights after a Virginia DUI arrest?
- FAQ on if Discovery not provided by the original trial date
- Everything you need to know about arraignments
- All Virginia Beach DUI/DWI cases will be handled by a 5 person prosecutor team
- DUI/DWI and the Power of Even One Mistake by the Police
Cities We Serve
Norfolk DUI Defense
If you have been charged with DUI or DWI, then you want to contact our Norfolk DUI lawyers. Our office is located in downtown Norfolk and is short walk from the Norfolk court building. Our attorneys are a constant presence in the Norfolk Traffic courts, handling DWI and other traffic-criminal cases.
Even for a first offense, an assistant Commonwealth Attorney (aka. prosecutor) is assigned to a case. Having a prosecutor involved in a DUI case has its advantages and disadvantages. On the hand, most of the prosecutors in Norfolk tend to have an open file policy, which means that they will share the contents of their file. The most important document is the DUI checklist which contains invaluable insight into the arresting officer’s observations. More important, the DUI checklist can reveal weaknesses in the Commonwealth’s case and what are the best defenses going forward. Another benefit is that the prosecutor may be willing to enter into a plea deal. The type of plea deal offered by the prosecutor will depend on how strong of a case they think they have.
The obvious main disadvantage of a prosecutor being involved in a DUI case is that they are attorneys, some of them more experienced than others.