- What if an arresting Officer did not read me Miranda Rights after a Virginia DUI arrest?
- FAQ on if Discovery not provided by the original trial date
- Everything you need to know about arraignments
- All Virginia Beach DUI/DWI cases will be handled by a 5 person prosecutor team
- DUI/DWI and the Power of Even One Mistake by the Police
Cities We Serve
Defending a DUI in Virginia Beach
If you been charged with a DWI in the city of Virginia Beach, you probably have a lot of questions. Please contact Naumvoski Law to go over your case and answer your questions.
Virginia Beach DUI, an Introduction
Virginia Beach is the largest city in the Commonwealth. The city has close to half a million residents and millions of tourists visit annually. With multiple lively nightlife spots, from Town Center to the Ocean Front, when night falls, the police are on the lookout for suspected drunk drivers. In fact, local law enforcement arrests thousands of people for DWI and DUI each year.
Getting a DWI in Va Beach is a serious matter. Not only is it a class 1 criminal misdemeanor charge that if convicted would not only result in a permanent criminal record, but it can result in up to 1 year in jail, fines of up to $2,500 and automatic suspension of license for 1 year. In addition, conviction requires attendance of ASAP and installing of an interlock ignition system for at least 6 months. Additional penalties can result if charged with a second or greater offense or if BAC is .15 or above. For a full description of penalties go here.